As from the 25th May 2018 the law is changing and the new GDPR regulations come into force. This means that we must inform you of the data we hold for you and how we will use it.
Below are the forms of data we hold for you. They are held in: -
1) Paper form by way of weighbridge tickets, V5 logbooks and Waste transfer notes. These papers are kept in a locked cabinet, located in our main office.
2) Digital form by way of scanned copies of your weighbridge tickets together with the ID you supplied at the time of any transaction. All digital items are stored on a password protected computer which only authorised persons can access.
Any information that we may hold for you will have been supplied to us by yourselves during any given transaction. The information that we may hold are as follows: -
3) Vehicle registration number
4) Bank sort code and account number
5) Scanned copies of your supplied Identification (either photo driving licence, passport and utility bill or Gun Licence).
6) Telephone number(s)
7) Email address
8) VAT number
The information we hold can only be accessed by authorised persons, namely Paul Trevor Allport, Director and Megan Eirian Allport , Company Secretary.
The information we hold is purely for maintaining our trading relationship, general communication purposes, and to comply with the law under the Scrap Metal Act 2013. Under this act we are legally bound to retain this data for a period of 3 years. After 3 years the data will be securely destroyed.
We will not use your data for marketing purposes, nor will we be sharing your data with any third parties. We may however have to share information if requested by the Local Police Authority, The Local Council or the Natural Resources Wales as we are legally obliged to do so under our Scrap Metal Licence.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact the office on 01286 660362
M Eirian Allport
Allport Metal Recycling Ltd